The per hour minimum wage rates will rise in several states this summer, according to the following schedule:
- California: $9.00, effective July 1, 2014
- Delaware: $7.75, effective June 1, 2014
- District of Columbia: $9.50, effective July 1, 2014
- Minnesota: Effective August 1, 2014:
- $8.00 (enterprises with an annual gross volume of sales of $500,000 or more)
- $6.50 (enterprises with an annual gross volume of sales of less than $500,000; employees under 18 years old; and 90-day training wage for 18 and 19 year olds)
In cases where an employee is subject to both state and federal minimum wage laws, the employee is entitled to the higher minimum wage. Be sure to comply with any city or other local wage requirements (which may be higher than the state or federal minimum wage) that may apply to your business. Please call Compensation Solutions HR department with any additional questions, 800-654-4234 ext. 180.