Located in Linden, New Jersey, Cox Stationers and Printers, was recently awarded a Garden State Green Award in the small business category for their green initiatives. The awards ceremony took place on March 15, 2014 at Kean University in Union, NJ.
According to their website (www.coxprinters.com), the company has the following list of achievements to add to their green initiatives:
• Partial roof garden (100 square feet)
• Installed a 36 kW solar system on our roof
• Installed ECO-3 efficiency systems on our HVAC units
• Installed two wind turbines on our roof
• All light fixtures are low energy (180 fixtures)
• Recycling of toner cartridges
• Recycling of batteries
• Recycling thousands of pounds of paper
• Contracted with UPS to track carbon usage
• Offer non-petroleum inks
• 99% chemical free
Michael Kaufman, owner at Cox, will be interviewed by Katie Couric in an upcoming show in June. Cox Printers is located at 1634 E. Elizabeth Avenue, Linden, NJ. Contact: 908-928-1010 or www.coxprinters.com.
The Garden State Green Awards, also known as the “Boggies”, honor individuals and organizations that have made a significant contribution to the environment.
• Through preservation, reclamation or conservation activities
• Advocacy and pursuit of ‘Green’ lifestyles or business practices
• Support of development of green/sustainable energy or energy conservation.
– Source: www.gardenstategreenfest.com