- The federal government is giving the states the authority to allow those plans that do not meet the Affordable Care Act’s requirements for minimal essential standards a two year grace period to keep the plans in force until October 1, 2017);
- The Transitional Reinsurance Program is adjusting to allow greater price stability in the public marketplaces (for example, changing the pooling point from $60,000 to $45,000 in 2014);
- Open enrollment for the public marketplaces will now be modified for the coming period to November 15, 2014 through February 15, 2015, which provides an extra one month;
- The 2015 out of pocket maximums will be $6,600 for single employees and $13,200 for families (a 4.21% increase);
- The 2015 maximum limits on deductibles in the small group market (employers <50 lives) will be $2,050 for single coverage and $4,100 for families.
The CMS Fact Sheet addressing these changes can be found at: http://www.cms.gov/Newsroom/MediaReleaseDatabase/Fact-sheets/2014-Fact-sheets-items/2014-03-05-2.html
– Information gathered from www.napeo.org